Anthony Lee - Jan 01 2020
What's the best way to clean suede?
If you've ever cleaned suede shoes, a suede coat, a suede purse or bag you know that the process isn't as easy as clean, rinse and dry. If you've followed that method, you most likely experienced at least one of these scenarios:
1. The suede changed texture or stiffened
2. The suede faded or loss color
3. The suede bled and damaged the shoe
4. The suede loss that buttery look and feel
If any of these happened to you, you either didn't use the right solution or the proper method or all of the above. On the bright side, we've engineered a suede cleaner that can help you avoid all of those scenarios and can relieve the stress of cleaning any suede material. It's called JUST SUEDE. Now that the perfect suede cleaner exists, we created a suede treatment that will help you properly maintain your delicate materials.
3 Step Suede Cleaning Process
Pre-Treatment: Devoting ample time and exercising patience—this stage is pivotal. Your focus will be on extracting dirt and enhancing suede's suppleness.
1. Start with the Nylon Bristle Brush or Hog Bristle Brush to brush away surface debris
2. Leverage the gradient side of the Dual Sided Eraser to eliminate surface-level dirt. Erase each shoe panel for uniform and comprehensive cleaning.
3. Use the rubber side of the 4-Way Crepe Brush to soften the suede, while also extracting embedded dirt.
This process may take the longest to ensure that existing dirt does not turn into a stain when becoming wet.
Treatment: Your focus will be on the application of Just Suede and conditioning the suede.
1. Shake the bottle
2. Evenly spray the shoe from a distance of 6-8 inches.
3. Allow the solution to sit on the material for 30 seconds
4. Use the Nylon Bristle Brush or Hog Bristle Brush in a back-and-forth motion to clean and condition the material.
5. After brushing, allow your shoe to dry before progressing to the post-treatment phase.
Your focus is on bringing back the luster of the suede and revitalizing the color.
1. Start by using the rubber side of the 4-Way Crepe Brush to delicately soften and fluff the nap. Using a back-and-forth motion for the coveted "butter" effect.
2. With the rubber side of the Dual Sided Eraser, trim extended or frayed suede while packing down unruly areas.
3. Use the Nylon Bristle Brush to sweep away any debris.
4. Conclude by applying an even final spray of the Just Suede solution, from a distance of 6-8 inches, to rejuvenate any color loss.
The Key to Mastering Suede Cleaning
Unlock the secret to suede cleaning with the power of pretreatment. Elevate your suede cleaning routine with our advanced pretreatment method.
The pretreatment stage focuses on removing the surface layer dirt. This is the most important step for reviving and revitalizing colored suede. If you do not remove the dirt in this stage, and wet the dirt or debris, it will liquify and potentially stain the materials. If this happens, it becomes challenging to remove or at worst unrepairable.
Jordan 3 Powder Blue before pretreatment
Start by using the pretreatment tools: Shoe cleaning brush, Dual Side Eraser and the 4 Way Crepe Brush
1. Brush all the surface layer dirt off
2. Use the Dual Side Eraser to remove dirt. Be sure to get around the leather crevices, the threading, any eyelets
3. Use the 4 Way Crepe brush (rubber side) to remove dirt but also start to loosen up the material in turn recreating the soft texture.
A pretreatment may require you to interchange tools depending on the area and type of soil you are trying to remove. Utilitze all the edges off the tools to get through all the layers of suede.
Once you have removed as much dirt as you can in this stage, Just Suede will clean, hydrate, and revitalize the color.
** The brass side of the 4 Way Crepe Brush should only be used on longer suede and used with caution. Improper use of the wire can cause the material to rip if excess pressure is applied.
Full Length Just Suede Shoe Cleaning Tutorial
Whether you're new to cleaning suede or experienced, having a go-to suede cleaner and method is a priority. Our Just Suede kit has the perfect suede shoe cleaner and the necessary tools for you to achieve professional level results. Remove dirt, revitalize the color, restore the luster and protect your investments.
With Sneaker Love,
Article credit: Heidi Cohen (https://heidicohen.com/use-blog-to-sell/)